Date zeros can be anywhere between 45 minutes to 2 hours maximum. Most of my private clients stick with 1 hour to 1 hour and a half for date zeros. If you aren't familiar with the date zero, please purchase Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider 's The Rules for Online Dating. It will explain it a bit more.
Here are some things to consider with men you meet for date zeros.
This following post is to gage if you would like things to progress after HE HAS contacted you after your date zero.
A word of warning:
Never get too caught up on date zero or even get caught up emotionally on a man you've met for 5 dates because it is still early and the "relationship" can go anyway (i.e. POOF or shown red flags). So consider these questions below after he's contacted you after date 0 for a date 2 (dinner):
1) How did he greets you? Did he give you a slight hug or feel all over you? Did he give you a peck on the cheek or shake your hand? Did he grab you holding your waist and pull you in for a deep kiss before even saying Hi?
2) Does he open the door for you or let it swing in your face?
4) Is he rude to the waitress/server or was he rude to you then blamed it on coffee being spilt down his shirt by the waitress? Does he have a nasty temper that made you feel on edge or anxious?
5) What were some key comments he made? Were they negative towards life and negative towards You? Did he seem bored with you or was he intrigued?
6) Did he ask you questions about yourself? Or did he talk more about his ex? Him sharing a story about his mum or sister to connect isn't a bad sign by the way. For example, if you talk about movies and he mentions taking his sister 2 weeks ago and a funny encounter they had.
7) Did you wait for him to walk over to you at the meeting spot OR did you spot him and walk straight over to him or walk over and tap him on the shoulder hi?</span>
8) Did he compliment you on how nice you looked?
9) Did you feel like a candidate on an interview or did you feel comfortable, nice, say the minimum and let him wonder what your thoughts were?
10) Did he swear alot in every sentence on the date? If yes are you comfortable with that as a part of who he is?
11) Were you obsessed with his career and not who he is as a person?
Lots to consider but don't think too hard girls. Just keep these notes in your Rules journal.
As you do The Rules, you will see the red flags with Mr Wrongs. Don't ignore them! Time wasters will weed themselves out.
Remember if he doesn't call after date zero, it's his loss. Your Mr Right is still out there so don't waste a minute feeling sorry for yourself or crying over nothing (1 date or even 5 dates)! Move on and move up to better things. Rules girls don't waste time!